Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (19) and W.W.W. Wednesday (17)


~Waiting On Wednesday (19)~

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme that is hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine. The point is to share a book that hasn't bee released yet, but one that you are dying to read. 

This is my seventeenth time participating in this meme.This week I have chosen two young adult novels.


The first one is Secret Letters by Leah Scheier. I've had my eye on this one for months. First off it has a Sherlock Holmes connection. That automatically puts this on my radar. It looks intriguing and I want to read it.


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads: 



Inquisitive and observant, Dora dreams of escaping her aristocratic country life to solve mysteries alongside Sherlock Holmes. So when she learns that the legendary detective might be her biological father, Dora jumps on the opportunity to travel to London and enlist his help in solving the mystery of her cousin's ransomed love letters. But Dora arrives in London to devastating news: Sherlock Holmes is dead. Her dreams dashed, Dora is left to rely on her wits--and the assistance of an attractive yet enigmatic young detective--to save her cousin's reputation and help rescue a kidnapped heiress along the way. 


Steeped in Victorian atmosphere and intrigue, this gripping novel heralds the arrival of a fresh new voice in young adult literature. 



The second one is Vestige by Deb Hanrahan. I read Changing My Wardrobe by her and loved it so naturally I'm excited to see what this next one is like. The synopsis sounds intriguing and she is a great writer. 


Here's the synopsis from Goodreads:


EMERGENCY ALERT SYSTEM
Civil Authorities have issued a Civil Danger Notification Until Further Notice.

The following message is being transmitted by the request of The United States Government. An unknown number of citizens have gone missing. Authorities are trying to locate the missing persons. Residents are asked to stay in their homes. If you must go out, do not travel alone and carry proper identification.

Please do not call 911 to report missing persons. Emergency Call Centers and local law enforcement agencies are no longer fully staffed. The United States Military has been dispatched to assist local authorities.

This notification applies to all receiving this broadcast. Please stand by for further instructions.

A Supernatural Horror story.


And those are the books that I'm dying to read. But enough about me, what book did you guys pick? Please leave your link in the comments section. I love hearing from you guys.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~W.W.W. Wednesday (17)~

W.W.W. Wednesday is another weekly meme. This one is hosted by Miz B of Should Be Reading. To play along just answer three simple questions: What are you currently reading? What did you recently finish reading? And what do you think you'll read next?

This is my seventeenth week participating in this meme. I forgot to do this last week, so there are a lot of novels in the what I just read pile.




What am I currently reading?  


I'm currently reading Kissing Shakespeare by Pamela Mingle. I was torn about whether or not I wanted to read this one. But I decided I'd give it a shot. It sounds intriguing after all. 


I'm also reading Writing from the Heart by Beth Ann Masarik. I'll be reviewing this one on Thursday. I received this one for review from the author and am really looking forward to reading this one. It's a collections of poems and short stories and is designed to help patients of heart surgery. 




What did I recently finish reading?


I recently finished reading Cottonwood Summer '45 by Gary Slaughtner, First Visions by Heather Topham Wood, Flirting in Italian by Lauren Henderson, One for the Murphys by Lynda Mullaly Hunt, and The Little Woods by McCormick Templeman. If it's bolded that means I have reviewed it on the blog. The rest I'll be putting on her soon.  


What do I think I'll read next?


Next I will read: Under the Bridge by Michael Harmon and The Opposite of Hallelujah Anna Jarzab. Both of these sound really interesting. The first one sounds a little punk-ish and the second one sounds plain creepy. These are both different than what I usually read, but I want to give these two a shot. 

That's all for me. What about you guys? What are you reading? Please leave your link in the comments. I love hearing from you.



Love,
Danica Page

63 comments:

  1. Secret Letters sound really good. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm glad you liked Scarlet Letters.

      Delete
  2. Ok..i want to read both of these books! Awesome picks.. the daughter of Sherlock and a little horror..perfect! Thanks for stopping by My WoW
    I liked your facebook page..is it new or have I just been blind?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you liked them. My facebook page is old, but I know how that goes.

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Nice wow picks! Especially Emergency Alert System. I might have to steal that as my next wow. Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by,
    @ Livin' Life Through Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes Vestige does sound really good. Deb is a great writer too. Definitely recommended.

      Delete
  4. Secret Letters sounds really good...I'm adding it to my list

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could bring it to your attention. Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  5. What is the opposite of Hallelujah?

    Here's my WWW Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea. :) Thanks for leaving your link.

      Delete
  6. I've been wanting to read Secret Letters...Thanks for sharing! Love your blog header...and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I'm glad that you like my header. It does sound amazing.

      Delete
  7. Sounds really good! Thanks for sharing :D

    Shortskie's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are new ones to me. They sound really good! Good picks! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my WoW!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and you're welcome. I loved your picks.

      Delete
  9. The Opposite of Hallelujah really does sound creepy!

    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2012/06/to-play-along-just-answer-following.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it does, but I'm excited to read it. Hopefully it's not to creepy.

      Delete
  10. I haven't heard of any of these. That's one of the fun things about this meme: lots of new books to add to the ever-growing TBR list :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree that is part of the fun of the meme. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  11. secret letters have such a pretty cover! love the sound of it too. great picks :)

    My WoW this week.

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It does have a pretty cover. Thanks for stopping by. I love your pick as well.

      Delete
  12. I have been wanting to read Secret Letters for awhile now-it just sounds so interesting! Thanks for stopping by and following my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. It does look really good.

      Delete
  13. I love the whole Victorian London era so the Sherlock Holmes one made me really curious!! I might have to check this one out. :) Thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. And that really is a great era. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  14. I love your blog design--header, background, and posts! I was thinking of picking up Flirting in Italian.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you love my blog design. I liked Flirting in Italian, but there were some serious problems with it that left me frustrated.

      Delete
  15. Hi there!
    I haven’t heard of any of these books, but I hope you enjoy them all!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog| :)

    Happy reading! :)

    Valentina
    http://www.peekabook.it/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  16. Your books are "new to me", hope you enjoy them. Thank you for stopping by my place. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  17. I'm looking forward to Secret Letters too! I'm a huge Sherlock Holmes fan and can't wait to see how this story unfolds. Thanks for sharing and for stopping by my WoW! :)

    Wendy @ Escape Into Fiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. I'm also a Sherlock fan. The new tv series Sherlock is really good.

      Have you seen it?

      Delete
  18. Wow, that's a whole lot of great books in your post. Vestige looks really cool. Kissing Shakespeare sounds like a great read too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like them. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  19. Oooo secret letters sounds awesome! Nice twist on Sherlock Holmes! sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. It does sound really good.

      Delete
  20. I have never heard of the Opposite of Hallalujiah. Sounds interesting. Will watch for your review. Happy REading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad your interested enough to stop back to see my review. Happy reading to you too.

      Delete
  21. Secret Letters sounds really good, it is not on my TBR list. I also just finished Kissing Shakespeare and found it to be an alright read, I think the premise was absurd though so I had a hard time really loving it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I'm tentative to read it, but I figure I'll give it a shot. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  22. Thanks for stopping by today! Looks like you've been reading a lot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been reading a lot, but not as much as I would like to. I'm busy with work and school.

      Delete
  23. I haven't heard of any of these. I'll need to look some of them up. Hope you enjoy them all. Thanks for visiting my WWW earlier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  24. They both sound awesome! I've heard of Vestige, and immediately fell in love with the cover. It sounds like it's going to be good, too. Thanks for stopping by!

    New follower :)

    Alyssa
    Reader's Refuge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I'm glad you like the sound of both of them. Thanks for the follow as well. Be sure to check out the giveaways I have going on. I think they are pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

      Delete
  25. I just heard about Secret Letters for the first time the other day. I don't usually read historical fiction, but this one sounds pretty interesting so I might just give it a go :)

    Thanks for stopping by Book Cover Justice!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually love historical fiction, but it has to be done right. Hopefully this one is as good as I'm hoping it is. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      Delete
  26. Amazing choices! I am adding a bunch to my tbr shelf ;) Thanks so much for posting about them! Kissing Shakespeare and Secret Letters will be at the top of my list :)

    Ellen @canireadeverything.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and I'm glad that you liked my picks.

      Delete
  27. I keep seeing these books, I'll have to check to see what I'm missing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just started Kissing Shakespeare and it isn't quite as good as I hoped it would be; however, it's still really good.

      Delete
  28. Vestige sounds so mysterious and intriguing! Dying to know what is happening! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome. And you summed up my feelings about this book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  29. Just added Opposite of Hallelujah to my to-read list, looks intriguing! Hadn't heard of it before so thank you :) thanks for stopping by my WWW :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could bring it to your attention and you are most welcome. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  30. Ohh! Pretty covers :D Seems like awesome books ;) Hope you enjoy them all. :)
    Thank you for commenting on my WoW. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I love the covers on these ones too. You are most welcome and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  31. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your graphics here reminded me that today is supposed to be "National PDA Day." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is pretty hilarious. Glad I accommodated to the festivities. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  32. Ooh, I hope to read Secret Letters this summer, it sounds great! Here’s my WoW post!
    ~ Jen @ A Book and a Latte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it sounds really good. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you get to read it sooner rather than later.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Book Review (373) books (366) reading (366) asked to review (298) series (207) romance (188) realistic (161) contemporary (160) young adult (154) netgalley (153) review (150) blogging (144) meme (138) 2015 (115) writing (103) arc (100) new adult (94) fiction (83) adult (81) blog tour (77) christian (76) 3 stars (53) Waiting on Wednesday (50) 2013 (46) my favorites (44) Top Ten Tuesday (41) reading addiction blog tours (41) historical fiction (40) characters (38) writing process (36) 2012 (35) suspense (32) fantasy (31) guest post (31) paranormal (31) Teaser Tuesday (29) standalone novel (28) 2014 (27) IMM (27) 4 stars (25) WWW Wednesdays (25) The Chosen One (21) new adult challenge 2013 (20) giveaways (19) letters (18) promo (17) Author Interview (16) blogger in the spotlight (16) contests (16) giveaway (16) mystery (16) debut novel 2012 (15) writing advice (15) NWOC (14) chick-lit (14) debut (13) edelweiss (13) excerpt (13) sci-fi (13) Black Rose (12) dystopia (12) 3.5 stars (11) author spotlight (11) editing (11) sophomore novel (11) Musing Mondays (10) authors (10) lists (10) tbr pile challenge 2013 (10) inspirational (9) retelling (9) top 10 (9) covers (8) short story (8) 2011 (7) Stacking the Shelves (7) debut novel 2013 (7) Thursday Tutorials (6) dac (6) in my opinion (6) novella (6) sports (6) winners (6) Publication (5) Xpresso Book Tours (5) nonfiction (5) Whimsical Wednesdays (4) amish (4) blog hop (4) challenges (4) journalism (4) list (4) mini review (4) 2013 sophomore challenge (3) Q and A (3) Three Shards of Glass (3) debut novel 2011 (3) discussion (3) male pov (3) middle grade (3) partners in crime blog tour (3) 2 stars (2) 2016 (2) 4.5 stars (2) 5 stars (2) Amazon steals (2) Monday Manifestos (2) NaNoWriMo (2) Saturday Sabbaticals (2) To-Read Tuesday (2) action (2) awards (2) book deals (2) book reviews (2) college (2) contes (2) country challenge (2) debut 2015 (2) howard books (2) rant (2) video (2) women's fiction (2) writing is everywhere (2) 2 (1) 2.5 stars (1) 2010 (1) BookLook bloggers (1) Danica's Writing Corner (1) Filling up the Pages (1) Marissa Meyer (1) Poetry Circle (1) Robert Frost (1) Winter (1) abuse (1) amanda black (1) amazon steals (1) analysis (1) august (1) blogoversary (1) book depository (1) book tour (1) book trade (1) classic literature (1) debut novel 2014 (1) deseret news review (1) design (1) ebooks (1) endings (1) freebie (1) irene hannon (1) january (1) lds (1) literary agents (1) month overview (1) more than fashion (1) new releases (1) plays (1) polls (1) ratedreads (1) read (1) readin (1) realist (1) seasonal (1) serial novel (1) songs (1) the single game (1) trailers (1)